Pages

Friday, August 8, 2014

Introductions

Hello.
My name is Imogen. You can probably deduce my last name from this blog's URL.
I am a poetess. Whether or not I'm a successful one remains to be seen.
My social anxiety invariably botches any and all of my attempts to network, but I'm told I can be eloquent in writing (due almost entirely to the ability to edit before sharing), so blogging was a natural progression.
I will not publish my poetry here. This is solely because most literary magazines/competitions will not accept previously published work, including (but hardly limited to) dinky, obscure little blogs.
I'm as upset about it as you are; that is, if you aren't upset, neither am I. If you are, well, misery loves company and I'm willing to provide it.
I will try to compensate for the lack of poetry with content that is equally interesting/cringeworthy/sappy/strange.
This may include accounts of my personal life (depending on the day), my personal opinions (versatile), photos of my cosplays (maybe), and, hopefully, my progression from bashful, unknown second-year creative writing major to successful, established writer--whatever that ends up looking like.
There'll also be some of my views on modern poetry and explanations of my writing process (or lack thereof).
Enjoy.
Interact.
Dissent.
Correct.
Question.
At the very least, read.


No comments:

Post a Comment